A Love of all things painted

.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

There's nothing better than a plain old box...


It doesn't matter what the present is, the box is always better. Last year the whole family was over for Christmas Eve. The kids were opening their presents as quickly as they could and came back for more. Not my youngest grand daughter, Megan. She found something better. After one of the boys pulled out his toy from the box she grabbed her best friend, Teddy, and climbed in the box. She was quite happy playing in that box no matter how many gifts she received she headed back to that box. It sure doesn't take much to make a little one happy!!

And it doesn't matter what occasion as you can see from this photo from her birthday. She just loves those boxes!!

3 comments:

  1. It is good to see children still have a sense of imagination.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Suzann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda, It is so true. The kids always love the box. Your pics are so precious and such memories they hold for you.

    I so enjoyed catching up with your posts. Your painted Santas and other treasures are wonderful. I had so much fun painting a santa today for myself. Something that is very rare.

    So great to see you and thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful Christmas and every blessing to you and your family.
    Hugs from Texas,
    Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorably cute, Brenda! Our Joshua was the same way ... easy to entertain & loved his boxes.

    Christmas hugs & joys ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you came for a visit and I love reading your comments. I hope you will check back with me often. Until then, I will be at my easel - Happy Painting.