A Love of all things painted

.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Painting for Christmas

I always start painting in July for Christmas. I have so many things I want to paint and never enough time to complete them. I have a very good friend, Lucy, who is always traveling out on her own. She loves a good yard sale and is such a good friend that she even picks up things for me to paint. Last year she brought me three wood sleds, she said she just knew I could paint up something pretty on them. They are only about 5 1/2" wide x 16" long so the painting surface wasn't real big. But this little Santa fit on there nicely. He is painted on traditional red, a bit different than my normal pink Santas. There is lots of little scroll work surrounding him and I just love how he turned out. Now I must find something to paint on the other two. I wonder what Lucy will find next, whatever it is I am going to have a lot of fun painting it!!!



1 comment:

  1. HELLO BRENDA....

    I WANT ONE PAINTED WHITE WITH A PINK SANTA, PINK ROSES PLEASEEEE!!! AND ALL THOSE PRETTY DESIGNS YOU MAKE ON THE ONE YOU ALREADY MADE :)

    HUGLETS~XOX~MARI

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you came for a visit and I love reading your comments. I hope you will check back with me often. Until then, I will be at my easel - Happy Painting.